Police In Search For A Suspected Rapist


This Content Is Only For Subscribers

Please subscribe to unlock this content. Enter your email to get access.
Your email address is 100% safe from spam!

Police in Maun have launched a search for an unknown man who is suspected to be the one who raped two women from Borolong and Boseja Wards on separate occasions.

The descriptions of the culprit are said to be similar and police suspect that he could be the same person who committed the offences. The man is said to be very short and dark in complexion.

Maun Police Station Commander Superintendent Dennis Zilawe confirmed that in the first incident, a report was made by the 18-year-old victim who was allegedly raped in Borolong Ward by the bush behind Borolong Water Treatment Plant. The report was made around 0940 on the 19th of April.

According to Zilawe, the victim was reportedly on her way to school when she heard a man shouting and calling her from behind. The alleged rapist is said to have then reached the victim and reportedly dragged her into the bush and raped her before fleeing the scene. The suspect was also reportedly wearing a face mask hence he could not be recognised.

In the second incident that took place on the 23rd of April, a 28year old woman was allegedly raped in a nearby bush by Maun Technical College in Boseja Ward at around 4 pm. The victim also described the rapist as short and dark in complexion with a scar on top of his left nostril and a full beard.

Zilawe has since urged members of the public not to use passages that are in bushy areas or deserted to avoid such similar incidents. He further asked the public to help search for the suspected rapist or assist with information that may lead to his arrest.

Meanwhile Maun police are investigating an incident a 45-year-old man of Etsha 1 died in what to be a suspected mob attack on the 21st of April.

The incident occurred at Kubung ward and was reported by a resident who was awoken by a commotion outside and saw people by a vehicle, but when he went out to investigate, he only found a man lying by the car with wounds on the head and 2 electric cables next to him and the crowd was nowhere to be found.

Following the report police then rushed to the scene where they found the deceased, rushed him to Letsholathebe II Memorial Hospital where he was later confirmed dead.

He pleaded with members of the public to come forth with information that could help them with investigations. He also said that investigations are still ongoing and they are still trying to establish the link between the deceased and the electric cables that were found next to him at the scene.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:



More like this

BoB Will Not Revoke FNBB’s License Over Ecoplexus Saga

Victims request Bank of Botswana to revoke FNB licence They...

Research Key In Tackling Human-Wildlife Conflict

In order to address the rampant human-wildlife conflict cases...

‘Vultures Need A Poison Free Environment To Thrive’

Poisoning continues to be a dire threat to the...

Council Wants Land Board To E xpedite Sexaxa Land Allocations

North West District councillors have passed a motion by...
Verified by MonsterInsights