Alleged Stepson Murderer Remanded

Date:

A 30-year-old man of Disaneng ward in Maun – Godfrey Kgosiemang who is accused of killing his six-year-old stepson last week has further been remanded in custody by the Maun Magistrate’s Court.

Following his arrest, the taxi driver was on Friday last week arraigned before Maun Magistrate Gofaone Mosweu charged with three counts – one each of murder, arson and attempted murder.

According to the court papers, Kgosiemang is charged with the murder of a 6-year-old Osi Chakona, attempted murder of the child’s mother Oboletse Chakona and arson (burning Oboletse Chakona’s car).

Maun Police Station Commander Superintendent Dennis Zilawe confirmed the chain of events which reportedly began on Tuesday when the couple, which stays together at Disaneng Ward engaged in a heated argument.

The man reportedly accused the woman of infidelity, igniting a dispute that escalated into a violent confrontation. The accused is reported to have forcibly abducted the woman and subjected her to physical abuse during a car ride. In a desperate bid to escape her attacker and fearing for her safety, the woman is said to have then managed to flee and return home.

To her anguish, she found her child missing, prompting strong suspicions that her estranged partner had abducted the child. She immediately reported the matter to the police and the search for both the man and her child begun. Zilawe stated that as the search went on police received a tip-off about a burning vehicle in Disaneng where upon arrival they found that the said vehicle belonged to the woman.

Police continued with the search but as dawn broke the following day, the suspect handed himself at the police station, where he confessed to being responsible for the disappearance of his stepson and subsequently led them to his location.

According to Zilawe, the confession took horrifying turn when law enforcement officers discovered the seemingly lifeless body of the child in the boot of another car he was using.

The child’s body was then rushed to Letsholathebe II Memorial Hospital where he was confirmed dead. Though the official cause of the minor’s death awaits confirmation from the autopsy results, the station commander said the suspect has however confessed that he strangled him to death.

The accused’s plea has been reserved and he will appear in court on again on the 24th of August for case status update.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

‘BCP’s Conference Solidifies General Election Readiness’

SG says the Maun conference proceeding the general elections...

Francistown Double Murder Suspect In Court

After four days on the run to evade police,...

Women Implored To Step Up On Addressing Issues Of Gender Inequality

Women have been implored to step up and take...

Missing File Delays Serial Murder Suspect’s Trial

A prosecutor in the cases in which a former...
Verified by MonsterInsights